Snapchat users are always looking for new ways to spice up their videos. Fortunately, the app is constantly adding new features, such as ‘Speed Modifiers,’ to assist them in doing so.
Users can now make their videos more unique by slowing them down. Are you interested in learning how to do it? We’ve got you covered, so don’t worry. We’ll show you How to slow down a video on Snapchat.
ALSO READ: How to reverse a video on Snapchat.
How to slow down a video on Snapchat?
Snapchat’s best filters and effects are also among its oldest. In the slow-motion effect, you can slow down videos for clarity or make them more comedic. Happily, learning how to slow down a video on Snapchat is relatively easy. Here are a few things you need to know.
Step 1: You can download the Snapchat app from the Google Play store and then open Snapchat.
Step 2: Press the camera roll button to record the video.
Tap on the next option once you are done recording.
Step 3: Swipe from left to right to find the Snail icon while the video is on full screen. That is the slow-motion icon you’ll be using.
There are three things you can do with the slowed video:
- You can send it directly to your friends by using the Share To button
- Snapchat allows you to add stories by clicking the Story button
- To save video on Snapchat, tap on the Save button.
Note: Snapchat only allows you to slow down videos that are less than 10 seconds long.
It can slow down a recorded video as well.
- Tap on the Gallery button under the Shutter button to open the gallery.
- Here you will find Snaps recorded via Snapchat or videos taken with your phone’s camera.
- Choose the video you would like to upload to Snapchat by tapping any of these.
- Once the video is uploaded, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and hit Edit Snap.
- Only in this situation, if you want to add slow motion to your video, swipe left to right until you find the snail icon. The rest of the steps are the same.
You can add more exciting stuff to your slowed video before sharing it if you wish. Many more options are available in the upper right corner, such as adding text, scribbling with a pen, cutting a section of the video with scissors, and so on. Play around with everything and make a video that you enjoy.
How to slow down a video on Snapchat from iPhone?
iPhone 5s and later can shoot slow-motion video directly from the Camera app, with no need for after-effects. The best part is that Snapchat (make sure you have the latest version) now allows slo-mo videos recorded on your iPhone.
- Open the iPhone Camera application and swipe left to right until you reach the SLO-MO logo.
- To start recording, hold down the red shutter button.
- Once finished, share this video on Snapchat. And you can save the slow-motion effects.
- You can also use Snapchat’s video editing features.
Pro Tip: You can also edit the video clip portion where you want the slow-motion feature in the Photos app by clicking Edit.
Although the Snapchat slow-down feature isn’t the same as the slow-motion effect in the original camera app, it’s still a fun effect to have when sharing epic or even ordinary events with your friends.